Tuesday, November 18, 2008

First real WOD

This whole challenge thing is really going to stress my body so I finally started crossfit training today to help me cope. I know of some people who don't run more than 12-15 miles at one time and yet they can complete a 100 mile trail race based on the fact that they train with crossfit. I completed my homemade pullup bar, which will be a huge asset to my training .

This was today's WOD:
3 rounds for time of -
- 400 meter run (elliptical)
- 21 kettlebell swings 25lbs
- 12 jumping pullups

my time was 10min

I love the idea of crossfit, combining endurance, strength, and agility while working muscles you wouldn't normally work in a regular gym environment. Just one more step towards completing my year end goal. If you'd like to learn more about crossfit check out www.crossfit.com

I think Kyson likes my new jacket!

Kettle bell swings (with dumbbell)

check out the brand new pullup bar! nothing like iron pipe and 2x4's!

1 comment:

Catra said...

Nice Back ;)
Make sure to check out Crossfitendurance.com
Follow the CFE workouts..Yes, it's true you can finish 100 miles on low miles but it is all about pushing hard during your WODs and doing the CFE runs.

I on the other hand love to run so do CFE 2 times a week and go long most days and yes I do crossfit 6 days a week.
I will follow the prescribed CFE workouts start Feb. 1st and try it for 3 months. To see if it helps me to become faster for April, May races.
Crossfit rocks!!
Catra